Covid-19 Road to Recovery
It will not be business as usual at Exploration. We'll begin with a slow roll-out, along with improved policies and procedures for your safety.
The Federal and State Governments are beginning to relax some travel and social distancing restrictions during the next 30 to 90 days. We will make changes and offer departures that work within their guidelines. You are not the only person excited by this news, companies across the United States are ready and preparing for us to come back. As we plan new tours, we will be contacting every event and supplier to see how they are also working to keep you safe and working to arrange exclusive activities to keep you safer. These precautions will cause some price increases, but your health and safety is worth it. Our recent tour schedule has been wiped clean and is being reloaded over the next two weeks with our new and improved tours designed for today's challenges.
NEW SAFETY PROCEDURES
As we wait for a COVID resolution, daily sanitation practices have been increased to protect you on all our coaches and our bus capacity is being limited to 16-26 passengers depending on the size of the coach. We have also implemented assigned seating and that seat will remain yours for the entire tour. They are assigned when a deposit is made and issued with your receipt. We have been in contact with the American Bus Association, United Motorcoach Association and our bus manufacturers, gathering information and recommendations to move forward and gain momentum over the next six months. By order of Governor Inslee masks are required when boarding, exiting or moving around the bus. Also, if you cannot maintain a distance of six feet when off the coach. We have designed all our new tours to optimize your ability to social distance allowing you more time during the tour to set the mask aside. These are some of the recommended actions we will be following:
- Limited passengers and assigned seating to improve social distancing
- Touchless temp checks before boarding. Fever is a key sign in COVID, as such we will be using non touch fever scanners as you board. Anyone with a fever will be denied boarding and receive a gift card for the amount they paid for the tour.
- Passenger contact lists saved for six months.
- COVID approved sanitizing of all frequently used touch points including frequent disinfecting of seats, restrooms, door handles and hand rails.
- Trained staff hired to sanitize bus after each trip.
- Upgrades to Hepa air filters
- Use of new recommended improved air flow patterns
- Protective equipment for staff members serving customers
- Hand sanitizer available is for your use while on the bus and we suggest bringing along individual wipes and personal sized sanitizer to carry throughout the tour.
- Any food offered on the bus will be individually wrapped. This means please bringing along your own coffee, tea or specialty beverages.
If you have any of the underlying conditions listed below that increase the severity of COVID-19, please consider your health before booking a tour with us and get guidance from your physician until the CDC removes these recommendations. Make sure it is safe for you to join us.
- chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- serious heart conditions
- conditions that can cause a person to be immune compromised including cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications
- severe obesity
- chronic kidney disease and who are undergoing dialysis
- liver disease